Saturday, January 8, 2011

Cover me. I'm going in!

After about 18 months of procrastination and general task avoidance I have decided to finally put my Amy Butler Weekender bag together. I have finished cutting everything out (a Herculean effort in itself) and have even made the handles and some of the piping.

I have read on many blogs that the bag is a bit of a demon but I would really like to have it finished to take to hospital with me next month. To be perfectly honest I am less nervous about having a caesarean than I am about making the bag!

My plan is to tackle it slowly, one step a day, so that in a week I will hopefully transform these fabrics.....




Into this bag.....without any swearing.



I think I could be kidding myself.

3 comments:

  1. No way. You are NOT kidding yourself! You can do it. Anyway, you have such a great goal for it it's sure to get made! Hope it is fun!

    Love the fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with that Shon! I started a nappy bag before the impending arrival of Molly (one of those pumpkin/weekender bags) as a nappy bag and I finished it when she was about 4!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go On Shonnie I'm sure you can do it.

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you popped by, your comments really make my day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...